Maybe, you’ll say that I’m “old fashioned” …or maybe not … Anyway, I’ll tell you something: you will NOT achieve anything in the networking – on line, or off line area – without being VERY well informed, or, at least, as well as you can – to can make the connections, to ” construct ” ( build ) the puzzle, piece by piece … And you can do this READING, A LOT!!!
For this article, I have in mind two (2) books: ” How to Win Friends and Influence People “, written by Dale Carnegie, and ” Three Exemplary Novels and a Prologue “, written by Miguel de Unamuno, in 1920 – << ( … ) a much-studied work with a famous prologue. The title deliberately, recalls the famous ” Novelas ejemplares ” of Miguel de Cervantes (… ) >> ( wikipedia.org )
Definitely, if you’re a marketer, you’ve heard already about Dale Carnegie’s book. But, maybe, you don’t know what I’m talking about, naming the 19-th century spanish writer and philosopher, and the Rector at the University of Salamanca …
Well, I’ll explain it for you: in the Prologue of the ” Three Exemplary Novels ( …)”, he is exposing something very interesting, about what’s happening when two people, good friends, are having a discussion; and it’s not about WHAT they discuss, but about HOW MANY people are involved in that discussion!
You’ll say: ” … – big deal, two people!”, right? Read this:
… In an ordinary discussion, between John and Thomas ( for example ), in reality, there are SIX (6) people! Exactly! NOT only two (2)! WHY!!?? There are three kind of John and three kind of Thomas:
- John, the REAL, known only by his Creator
- John, the IDEAL FOR JOHN – NEVER the same with the REAL John, known by his Creator
- John, the IDEAL FOR THOMAS – NEVER the same with the IDEAL FOR JOHN and NEVER the same with the REAL JOHN ( known by his Creator ).
… And, the same, for Thomas:
- Thomas, the REAL, known only by his Creator
- Thomas, the IDEAL FOR THOMAS – NEVER the same with the REAL Thomas, known by his Creator
- Thomas, the IDEAL FOR JOHN – NEVER the same with the IDEAL FOR THOMAS and NEVER the same with the REAL THOMAS ( known by his Creator ).
… You can read this more times, you’ll understand it, it’s not so complicated.
What you can learn is: everybody have a … MASK! Even your very good friend, or your very good colleague – not speaking about the strangers!
How you prevent this ” mask ” to appear ?! Is your product so GREAT, to can combat this?!
Who will say, first, ” Yes, please! ” ??!!